Scrolling Instagram or Facebook, you may have seen the veggie packed Buddha bowls on your feed. These are colorful bowls that are full of plant-based deliciousness, such as steamed and raw veggies, legumes, grains, and healthy sauces.
When drinking our juices as part of a healthy lifestyle, having nutrient-rich meals is also an important part of the journey to a healthier you! The great thing about buddha bowls is that they are totally customizable to suit your nutrition needs and preferences. They are also full of different colors and textures, making them fun to eat!
What Ingredients Do I Need for a Buddha Bowl?
To make your own Instagram-worthy Buddha bowl, pick one ingredient from each of these tasty categories that we’ve put together:
- Cooked vegetables- Sweet potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, green beans, or asparagus.
- Raw vegetables- Red cabbage, cucumber, spinach, arugula, or tomatoes.
- Grains- Brown rice, quinoa, or white rice.
- Legumes- Chickpeas, beans, or lentils.
- Pickled vegetables- Carrots, radishes, or onions.
Sauce- Tahini-based Sauce
- juice of 1 lemon, 4 tbsp tahini, 1 minced clove of garlic, and 2-4tbsp of water.
- Shake in a sealed jar until combined, or use a blender.
Sriracha Yogurt Sauce
- 1 tsp of sriracha, ½ cup plain yogurt, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp dried cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp water, 2 tbsp of basil, ½ lime, juiced; 1 minced garlic clove, salt, and pepper to your taste.
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until combined.
- You may also consider adding grilled chicken, salmon, or tofu for an extra punch of protein! Add a little sweetness with blueberries or oranges to complement your savory ingredients.
- Complete Your Meal with a Fresh Cold-Pressed Juice!
Boost your mealtime with extra nutrition from one of our delicious and healthy juice blends. Each juice pairs well with a variety of foods. Build Your Own weekly bundle of organic, tasty juices to start your journey to healthier you!