No products in the cart.
Benefits of Ginger in Juice
How can Ginger Improve my Health?
Ginger is a versatile and powerful food that can be incorporated into your diet in a variety of ways. It contains properties that can positively affect serious health issues and everyday ailments.
Health Benefits of Ginger:
- Anti-inflammatory Antioxidant- Ginger contains a high amount of gingerol, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant that helps reduce the number of free radicals produced in the body.
- Weight Loss- Ginger supplements have been shown to reduce body weight, BMI, and blood insulin levels in a number of studies.
- Osteoarthritis Relief-Ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties have proven effective in reducing the symptoms of joint pain and stiffness in individuals with osteoarthritis.
- Lowers Blood Sugar-In those with Type-2 diabetes, ginger has reduced blood sugar and reduced risk levels for heart disease.
- Eases or Prevents Indigestion-Indigestion is prevented and relieved by ginger supplements because it speeds up the stomach emptying process, relieving the discomfort that comes with indigestion.
- Menstrual Pain-Studies have shown that ginger powder is equally, if not more, effective than NSAIDS at relieving pain associated with a menstrual period.
- Lowers Cholesterol-Daily consumption of 3-5 grams of ginger powder/paste has resulted in significant decreases in LDL cholesterol in several studies.
- Improves Cognitive Function/Slows Development of Alzheimer’s-Antioxidants and bioactive compounds present in ginger can help to prevent inflammatory responses in the brain that are associated with the onset of Alzheimer’s. Ginger also assists with brain functions such as reaction time and working memory.
- Fights Bacterial Infection-Ginger can stop the growth of bacteria that cause infections such as gingivitis, periodontitis, and RSV.
Ginger can be ingested as a supplement, eaten raw, or included in recipes. At What’s Juicin’ we value the power of ginger. We incorporate ginger into many of our juices because of its powerful effects and numerous health benefits. Our Ginger Boost, Turmeric Ginger and Dandy Detox are just a few of the delicious cold-pressed juices we make with a healthy dose of ginger. Try one today and start healing from the inside out!